The AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent is designed and manufactured in South Africa and brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium fabrication. From The Bush Company’s first hand experience in touring/camping the AX27™ is an innovative product that sets new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability.
Industry leading features include an extruded and welded aluminium alloy frame, a full double layered canvas skin, a large rainfly at sides and rear, full length roof mounting rails, plus the convenience of setting up/packing down in under 90 seconds,
Whether you are looking for your first rooftop tent or upgrading your existing setup, the AX27™ Clamshell Roof Top has a number of unique features that will leave you knowing that you made the right choice. The key features of the AX27™ are below and the full details are listed in the product specification tab below. To find out why we believe this is the best roof top tent on the market watch the full AX27™ product review video.
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4′ 7.1″), 1.45m (4′ 9″) including gas struts
- Height (exterior, closed): 278mm (10.94″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.75m (5′ 9″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.7m (5′ 7″)
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 2″, Thickness 80mm / 3.15″
- Weight: Approximately 99Kg (218lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- 2.6m Telescopic ladder, second ladder mount and universal fitting kit/brackets supplied as standard
There are a range of brackets available for fitment of accessories including:
- Heavy Duty Awning brackets for mounting awnings directly to the sides of the tent.
- Solar Panel Brackets for mounting solar panels to the roof of the tent.
- Lightbar/Spotlight Brackets
- Shovel Bracket for either shovels or axes
- Hi-Lift Jack Mount Bracket
- Fan Bracket to mount a Sirocco fan to internal roof.
- Universal Load Bars to attach to the roof rails on the tent.
- MAXTRAX Load Bar Bracket for mounting up to 4 recovery tracks on the roof
- MAXTRAX Side Mount Bracket for mounting up to 4 recovery tracks on the side of the tent
If you choose to install the rooftop tent yourself please watch our Pre-Install Assemply video. Please make sure that you have done the due-diligence on your intended install to ensure that it does not create any safety issues and ensure that you follow standard safety precautions when undertaking the install.