Introducing the brand new Ostrich Wing Jr Awning by Big Country 4x4, South Africa. 90 square feet of shade in 30 seconds. Unmatched strength. Designed, tried and tested in the African Savannah since 2008.
The Ostrich Jr is slightly smaller than the original Ostrich Wing (84" vs 106" mounted length). It is suited for mid-size trucks and smaller SUV's where a 72" mounting footprint is not always available.
Constructed of the same 12.2oz (380gsm) rip-block canvas as the Ostrich Wing, UV protected and rot proofed. Designed primarily as a sun shade the canvas is acrylic impregnated and water-head tested to 800mm, while stitch seams are sealed for further waterproofing. Every awning now includes a 2-color LED strip light for mounting inside the arms.
The awning frame is built with thick walled purpose made aluminum extrusions supported on nylon bushes. This cantilevered awning is made for the toughest adventures, this will not break in a breeze and is backed by a 2 year warranty. All components are serviceable / replaceable for a lifetime of use with maintenance.
The Ostrich Wing Jr is designed to be used without support legs in no wind or mild wind settings. In gusty conditions a single telescopic support pole should be deployed and the frame tied down using the frame-mounted eyelets provided. 2 further support poles are included to support the optional wall kit, if added. In adverse conditions it is advised to pack the awning away. At no point should the awning be left unattended open without anchoring.
Included in box:
- Awning + commonly used mounting components
- 12V White + Amber LED light
- 1 legs for adverse conditions
Mounted weight: 37lbs
Mounted length: 84"
Mounting: This is a significant awning and it requires a robust roof rack, load bar setup or truck canopy mounting point for safe installation.
Our mounting kits are made to fit most roof racks and campers. For custom racks and campers some modification or fabrication of mounting kits may be required. Please contact us to discuss.
- Standard fitting kit (Used with Big Country 4x4 welded racks)
- Front Runner fitting kit
- L-brackets for load bar mounting (5mm mild steel, heavy duty)
- Rhino Rack Pioneer old or new version brackets (screwed or riveted to the rack via drilled holes and bolted to channels)
- Bundutop Tent bracket (thin walled aluminum RTT)
- Leitner rack side-mount brackets
- Tent fitting kit (thick walled aluminum RTT) (Big Country 4x4 Penthouse)
The two mounting points must be a minimum 60" apart.
- Wall Kit in two heights (83", 94")
- Storm kit (tie-downs and rain run-off clips)
- Additional LED light kits